Long Range Business Planning for a MNC Pharmaceutical Company
Client: An MNC Pharmaceutical Company in one of the developing countries in the Asia Pacific region.
- To comprehensively assess the Company market potential and the opportunity for the Company to grow the total business in the next 5 years.
- To study the possibility and resource needed to maximize Company’s focus and new products in the next 5 years.
- To build the business case in order to get additional budget for the investment from Headquarter.
Methodology & Solution
- Analyses and Givens: understand the country healthcare system and pharma market, regulatory requirement, market size and growth, competitor analysis, SWOT analysis, best practice, Company’s current position, past 10 years sales performance, existing and previous brand equity, current pipeline.
- Strategic planning: Company’s strategic intent, critical success factors, marketing objective per brand, long term vision.
- How to get there: forecast per brand (bottom up and top down), product portfolio per year, key marketing and medical program plan, access plan, customer coverage & geographical coverage, distribution channel plan, pricing strategy, risk mitigation plan.
- Operational Plan: resource plan, financial scorecard, implementation roll map with timeline & RACI chart, communication plan.
Business Outcome & Key Deliverables
- Come up 4 Company scenario: Base Plan (All in the Crowd), All Aggressive but Doable, All Aggressive with more budget, All Top Player. Conclusion to go for which scenario with benefit & risk analysis per scenario.
- Salesforce and back office headcount and organizational chart per year.
- Identified two potential brands to invest earlier.
- Able to get full additional budget from Headquarter.
Follow Arun Iyer
( 3 Followers )